We are experts in New Zealand funeral cover and we have access to a large number of excellent funeral insurance plans, we are sure one of which is bound to meet all your requirements.Our number one priority is to compare best funeral cover in New Zealand all in one place so you do not have to run around dozens of sites.
Some of the top funeral insurance covers include Cigna Funeral Insurance, AA Funeral Cover, Pinnacle Life Funeral, Fidelity Life Funeral Fund, Greenwich Life Funeral Cover and others provided by Partner Life, AMI Insurance, State Insurance, AMI Insurance amongst others.
Funeral Cover is an ideal option to ensure cash to meet your funeral expenses is readily available. This removes one extra stress on your loves ones by not having to meet the potentially large costs at any already difficult time.
Funeral plans are available to those aged 16-85. Cover amounts range from $5000 to $30000 generally. Funeral Insurance NZ acceptance is guaranteed and just as good the premiums are fixed for the entire of your policy. The claims are paid out as a cash amount tax free to your chosen beneficiary within 24-48 hours of all necessary evidence being provided to support the claim.
For a comprehensive email that includes policy comparisons and premiums please complete our no obligation enquiry form below.
Here is an easy to follow guide to Funeral Cover NZ
- No medical questions are asked of you, your policy is guaranteed to be accepted if you are a NZ citizen or resident currently living in NZ
- The funeral plan premiums do not increase yearly based on your age, they are fixed for life
- Insure yourself for any figure ranging from $5000 to $30000
- You can buy a funeral insurance plan if you are currently aged 16-85
- Within 48 hours of acceptance your claim can usually be paid to your chosen beneficiary
Some of the most highly regarded funeral plans in NZ include;
- Pinnacle Life, for ages 50-75, covers $10000 to $25000, pay until age 85 then free
- Cigna Funeral Cover, for ages 45 -80, covers $5000 to $30000, pay until age 90 then free
- AA Funeral Plan, for ages 50 – 79, covers $5000 to $30000, pay until age 90 then free
- Fidelity Life Funeral Fund, for ages 16 – 64, cover $12000 only, pay for 10 years only
To view more detailed comparative policy information from up to 10 top insurers,
Read some commonly asked funeral cover NZ questions & answers
Q. Do funeral cover premiums rise every year?
A. Premiums are usually fixed at the time of the policy issue; they do not rise yearly based on age. Some insurers, who we do not act for, say premiums ‘may’ increase their premiums if their claims history goes sour (please avoid these cover!) Don’t worry we will never recommend them.
Q. What can the funeral plan claim proceeds be used on?
A. It can be used for absolutely any purpose! Your claim is paid our as a cash amount tax free so your nominated person can use for any funeral expense
Q. Can I arrange for funeral cover on behalf of my mum and dad?
A. You can definitely assist them with nearly anything but your parents would need to be present to tick / sign the online application or to sign an application form. You can be the nominated person to receive the claim proceeds and you can the premium payments.
If you would like to read some more funeral plan FAQ’s click here
What is the typical cost of a NZ funeral?
Some insurance websites get themselves in a difficult position with regulators by suggesting the likely costs of a NZ funeral. We do not go there and we leave it to you discuss your personal requirements with a local funeral director.
They are the only experts who can give an accurate ideal of funeral costs. We can say, however, that our own clients typically chose $10000 for their cover.
How do they calculate funeral cover NZ premiums and what payment methods exist?
- How much you pay depends on your age, sex and smoker status
- For a joint application get up to 20% off the standard individual premiums
- The more cover you want the more the premiums to pay
- Premiums are paid monthly in most instance although some plans allow you to pay fortnightly
- Direct Debit, AP’s / internet banking and credits cards as usual payment methods
Some information about Funeral Cover NZ claim payments
The idea of funeral cover is that it is meant to be simple. From guaranteed acceptance, fixed for life premiums, one page application forms right through to the claim settlement it is straightforward. We can vouch for that. This is the simplest insurance type there is.
At the time you arrange the funeral insurance you will chose a beneficiary. When you pass away the sum insured will be paid to that person as a cash payment, tax free.
The claim money is typically paid out within 24-48 hours of required proof of your passing; often this by way of a death certificate or sometimes a document from your Specialist will be acceptable.